Nevada’s Ryan White Programs Resource Directory
Questions Typically Asked During First Visit With An HIV Care Provider
People newly diagnosed with HIV infection have many questions such as:
- Because I have HIV, will I eventually get AIDS?
- What can I do to stay healthy and avoid getting other infections?
- How can I prevent passing HIV to others?
- How will HIV treatment affect my lifestyle?
- How should I tell my partner that I have HIV?
- Is there any reason to tell my employer and those I work with that I have HIV?
- Are there support groups for people with HIV?
Many people find it helpful to write down questions before a medical appointment. Some people bring a family member or friend to their HIV appointments to remind them of questions to ask and to write down the answers.