Nevada’s Ryan White Programs Resource Directory
About The HOPWA Program
- HOPWA stands for Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA)
- The program, managed by HUD’s Office of HIV/AIDS Housing, was established to provide housing assistance and related supportive services for low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development grants to local communities, States, and nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
- Nevada receives HOPWA money to assist PLWHA in gaining access to or maintaining stable housing.
- HOPWA Agencies
- Community Counseling Center (Clark County)
- HELP of Southern Nevada (Clark County)
- Las Vegas Urban League (Clark County)
- Northern Nevada HOPES (all counties except Clark County)